Probiotics are microorganisms like yeasts and bacteria. No, they are not that bad ones, but the good ones. As a matter of fact, most of these microorganisms have been living inside the human body and their role is to maintain a healthy balance. For an instance, in the digestive tract, there are more than 500 kinds of good bacteria, which help process the foods we eat and at the same time keep the walls of the intestines strong. They are there to keep the body healthy and function correctly.
Does the body really need probiotics?
A lot of products today are marketed as probiotics. The big question is, “do you really need probiotics?” The answer is a big yes! Probiotics are important to the human body because they maintain overall healthy. They do not only affect the digestive processes, but as well as the immune system. For gastrointestinal health, probiotics can greatly improve the function and integrity of the intestines, especially the intestinal lining.
What Role do Probiotics Play in the Body?
Probiotics do play a very important role in increasing the power and response of the immune system. If you are going to introduce probiotics or good bacteria to the body, the immune system will be challenged thereby making your body resistant from allergies and other environmental health hazards.
Where Are Probiotics Found Naturally?
Many products today are enriched with probiotics such as yogurts, cheese, and other dairy products. If you don’t like dairy products, then do not worry because there are probiotic supplements. They are not only providing your body good bacteria, but as well as the much needed vitamins and nutrients.
Finding the best probiotic supplement
There are many probiotic supplements out there, but not of them are of high quality. As a matter of fact, most of them are poorly produced. To make sure you get the best value for your money, you have to see to it that the probiotic supplement you purchase is fresh. Keep in mind that if the probiotic supplement sits for more than a year, then it will lose 60% of its effectiveness. Below are the important things to keep in mind when choosing a probiotic supplement:
- Colony forming units (CFUs) – Typical probiotics usually have 20 billion colony forming unit, which corresponds to a total of 20 billion healthy living bacteria every day. Keep in mind that in order for your digestive to function properly, it needs 100 trillion health microorganisms.
- GMP rating – Make sure that the probiotic supplement you choose is GMP rated. The specific dose should be mentioned.
- Shelf life – Always make it a habit to check the shelf life of the probiotic supplement. The efficacy of the supplement will be reduced by 60% if it sits for more than a year already.
- Bacterial strain – You should as well check the bacterial strain of the product. The best probiotic supplement should contain bacteria and yeast; plus an added prebiotic. A combination of these strains will surely make the supplement even more effective.
- Probiotic coating – Choose a probiotic supplement with protective coating to make sure that it is protected while making its way to the stomach and intestines.
Probiotics do a lot of good things to the body. They help get rid of certain disease condition and keep the body generally healthy. If you are not eating foods enrich with probiotics or you are not taking probiotic supplement, then
now is the perfect time to add them to your healthy lifestyle. All of these features are found in Open Doors Nutrition Daily Pro Blend 12B, probiotic supplement available on their website and on Amazon.